Our AMTA-WA Volunteers are what make the difference!
AMTA-WA is almost exclusively driven by the efforts of volunteers. All of the events, projects, programs and support that is provided by AMTA-WA represents thousands of hours per year in volunteerism from our community.
Our board of directors are volunteers. Our Government Affairs & External Relations program are volunteers. Our Community Service Massage Team are all volunteers. Volunteers contribute to the e-newsletter that goes to members and manage social media to get information to members. Volunteers help organize the annual meeting and the state massage convention. Volunteers coordinate events for the WA Sports Massage Team. Get the picture?
In return, we support our volunteers and provide leadership development trainings to help volunteers grow and learn. The skills and abilities can easily translate into your business/career and help you to be more successful in whatever you do!
If you are not currently volunteering with us, we invite you to become an essential part of our very important mission. No matter your time constraints, no matter your location, we have a position for you. Contact our Volunteer Development Coordinator, Allison Hanelt.
Our Guiding Principles for Volunteerism
- Honor and respect the personal needs of all volunteers.
- Build capacity and commitment by striving to ensure volunteers get clear personal value out of their experience.
- Ask volunteers to commit only to what they can responsibly accomplish; ask for minimum levels of time.
- Support volunteer success and satisfaction through proper training and recognition of all volunteers, including leadership.
- Provide clear direction and boundaries for all volunteer assignments
- Communicate clearly and regularly with volunteers through email and through this website!
Many of our volunteers perform exceptional service to the Association, and for that service we present awards. Click here to see the volunteer award categories and past award winners.
Volunteer Positions and Programs
Below you will find a list of our volunteer programs and some of the volunteer needs we currently have.
AMTA-WA Elected Positions – Elections held annually
- Chapter President
- Chapter Financial Administrator
- Chapter Secretary
- Chapter Board Member (2 positions)
If you are interested in running for any of these elected positions, the position descriptions and application can be found under Chapter Officer Documents (You must be logged in)
Online Elections are held in January.
Programs and Committees Currently in Need of Volunteers
We are currently seeking volunteers to serve on the following Committees:
- Washington Sports Massage Team (Committee Chair)
- Government Relations
- Community Service Massage Team
- Volunteer Support and Development
If you have questions about volunteering, contact Allison Hanelt
AMTA Members may also check out the AMTA National Website for additional volunteer opportunities.