2023 President’s Council Report
At the recent AMTA National Convention in Phoenix, AZ, AMTA-WA President Summer Meyer was elected to be the next Chapter Presidents Council (CPC) Moderator!
What does that mean?
The Chapter Presidents council is a special council that was created to: (From the AMTA Bylaws)
Section 1. Chapter Presidents Council
The purpose of the Chapter Presidents Council shall be to support and advance the function of Chapters by:
- Serving as a forum for the discussion and identification of Chapter needs and responsibilities.
- Providing the opportunity for networking, peer support and resource sharing among council members.
- Providing an avenue by which National Officers and staff may present to, and seek the collective input of Chapter Presidents.
- The Council shall be composed of the President from each Chapter or their appointed representative.
- The Chair of the Volunteer Engagement Standing Committee shall be an ex-officio member of the Council.
CPC Moderator and Moderator-Elect will work with the Volunteer Engagement Standing Committee (VEC) Chair and staff to carry out planning, facilitating and moderating the CPC meeting to be held during National Convention in the year subsequent to their election, according to the purpose stated in AMTA Bylaws and policy.