Chapter Online Election Coordinator Needed
Position Title: Chapter Online Election Coordinator
Contact our Volunteer Coordinator Allison Hanelt for more information and to apply.
Chapter online election coordinator works with the online election vendor, Chapter Board, and
candidates to verify candidate qualifications and facilitate the online election process in
accordance with the online elections documents and procedures.
• Must be a Professional Member in good standing.
• Must sign the appropriate AMTA Volunteer Code of Conduct.
• Cannot be a member of the Chapter Board.
• Cannot be a candidate for elected office (Chapter Board or delegate).
The Online election coordinator is given authority through appointment by the Chapter President
and approval by the Chapter Board.
Term of Office
Term shall begin upon appointment by Chapter President and Board approval and conclude
after online elections are complete and election results are announced.
- Contact and work with online election vendor.
- Communicate Call for Candidates through chapter communication channels (e.g. website,
social media, newsletter).
- Collect Candidate Applications and inform candidates of receipt.
- Verify candidate eligibility in accordance with National Bylaws, Policy and applicable
Chapter Position Description.
- Work with National staff to ensure candidate has signed the appropriate Code of Conduct.
- Send candidate information for ballot to online elections vendor.
- Obtain election results from online elections vendor.
- Provide election results (winners only not vote counts) to Chapter President to be
announced at chapter annual meeting
Online elections coordinator is prohibited from:
• Recruiting candidates or contacting members to ask them to run for office during the
• After candidates have applied for a position the online elections coordinator may not switch
candidates to another open position.
• Providing or announcing the number of votes each candidate received
The time commitment is approximately 90 days and averages 3-5 hours per week during the
time preparing for and completing the online election process.
Vacancy and Succession
In the event of a vacancy, the Chapter President shall appoint, and the Chapter Board shall
approve a new online election coordinator.
Removal from Office
Removal shall occur in accordance with AMTA bylaws and policy.